Gargoyle castle

Post your LightUp images here!
JPTargete

Gargoyle castle

Post by JPTargete » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Hello fellow Lighter-uppers. I finally got around to getting some of my sketchup and lightup work together still a work in progress as the ground textures are not complete, as the fire and water. I use both in my professional illustration and conceptual designs. This a wonderful plugin and I cannot wait to see what Adam has planned for future releases. Most of the objects were modeled and textured in 3dcoat and are original designs, however a few base meshes were created in sketch up with very little sculpting added. Much of the bump details were added on to the texture map itself in 3dcoat to avoid creating high poly objects.

and finally a Museum room I created for an illustration. I modeled and textured the statue posed them in another program and imported into sketch up. The images for the paintings are original paintings created by me in photoshop, so they weren't taken from anywhere. I may actually work on those later :).

thanks for looking,

JP

http://www.targeteart.com
Last edited by JPTargete on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixero

Re: Gargoyle castle

Post by Pixero » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 am

Very nice! :D

JPTargete

Post by JPTargete » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:37 pm

thanks PIXERO, I have alot to learn about the lighting system in lightup but slowly but surely.

JP

stuckon3d

Post by stuckon3d » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi JP
After having worked for the cg industry for 20 years plus, I'm very jaded and there are very few things that catches my eyes. Your work is really good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

JPTargete

Post by JPTargete » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 am

Hi JP
After having worked for the cg industry for 20 years plus, I'm very jaded and there are very few things that catches my eyes. Your work is really good. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you stuckon3d, I'm enjoying myself and I know I have a lot to learn as I come from the 2d world. But I love film and 3d and I think I want to play with both in the future.

JP

3DPonder

Post by 3DPonder » Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 pm

HI JP,
I'm most impressed with your work, cannot believe you have done this all with SketchUp and LightUp.
I am however very interested in the screenshot you have of SketchUp.
Could you perhaps let me know what plugins you have in your toolbar?
Which of those did you use to create the gargoyle etc.
Hope to hear from you and also see more of your work.
Regards 3DPonder

ambiantz

Post by ambiantz » Sun May 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi,

Very nice renderings - I see yo are using S.U pro, can you please tell me what are the other plugins you have which are shown on the screen.

Thanks

JPTargete

Post by JPTargete » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm

3DPonder wrote:HI JP,
I'm most impressed with your work, cannot believe you have done this all with SketchUp and LightUp.
I am however very interested in the screenshot you have of SketchUp.
Could you perhaps let me know what plugins you have in your toolbar?
Which of those did you use to create the gargoyle etc.
Hope to hear from you and also see more of your work.
Regards 3DPonder
3Dponder,

Thank you for the kind comments however if you read at the top of the post most of the models and sculpting were created in another program called 3DCOAT which in my opinion is the easiest most artist friendly organic modeling and sculpting application. The buildings,walls columns were created in sketch up and imported into 3DCOAT for textuting. Once I had low poly versions of the high res sculpts I imported them into sketchup. The lighting and video were done with Lightup in Sketchup. I then composed the diffrent animation clips in windows moviemaker.