My first light-up

Post your LightUp images here!
olishea

My first light-up

Post by olishea » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Finally got a chance to use the demo.

I gotta say its very very impressive. Can't believe how quick it is!! Also the animated textures/colours are fantastic. You can make an emitter look like a flickering fluorescent light!

Anyway here is the image. Lighting time was just a couple of seconds ( :o :o :o ) I used an emitter, screened with AO and with sunlight.

Can't wait to buy the full version!

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: My first light-up

Post by AdamB » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Welcome to the LightUp forum! Thanks for posting.

Once you've got the lighting roughly where you want it, try increasing the lighting Resolution to get more definition in the shadows.
And you may want to choose Linear AO and set the Sky/Ground color in Styles to control exactly the ambient component.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

olishea

Post by olishea » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks for the reply Adam. I don't know the difference between each AO setting etc, I haven't looked at any tuts yet. I did use linear in this case just cos it looked better.

I need to do a lot of research. Will be posting more when I get my head round it! Again, very impressed. :shock:

btw, why has the concrete got a light edge to the top right of the picture? It's not on the other side and i couldn't get rid of it. oh and it's great how the emitters keep their surface colour so well.

Burkhard

Post by Burkhard » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Welcome Oli, you'll find it is worth. :P