Kazzie's Bayou Grill

Post your LightUp images here!
wifflewaffle

Kazzie's Bayou Grill

Post by wifflewaffle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:36 am

I have finally been able to light my restaurant model that I have so often mentioned. It is still not finished, but what I have now is easily acceptable.

I have taken a liking to the implementation of "fin" geometry, and as you can see I have used it, but only on the straight neon lights on the awning for now. I plan on extending this to every light once I can lay out a practical way to import the shape and size of the letters on the sign into Paint.NET (an excellent free photo editing program, I HIGHLY recommend that you check it out.) to create a gradient to make into a fin. Also, I plan on removing the ambient point light sources lighting the top two floors of the building and replace them with some sort of christmas lights, but I believe that at the moment that would be getting ahead of myself.

And almost all of the textures I used were from Hazel Whorley's Egyptian Mesh and Texture Set, originally intended for use in UT3 maps.
http://www.hazelwhorley.com/textures.html

And another thing, I used fraps because (obviously) I am using the demo version of Light-up, and prefere smaller images with one watermark than larger ones with 12 watermarks.

P.S. think Razzoo's...
Kazzie's 1.jpg
View 1
Kazzie's 1.jpg (440.13 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Kazzie's 2.jpg
View 2
Kazzie's 2.jpg (468.5 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Attachments
Kazzie's 3.jpg
View 3
Kazzie's 3.jpg (460.72 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Peeking in from the outside of the software dev world.