HDR Test

Post your LightUp images here!
kwistenbiebel

Re: HDR Test

Post by kwistenbiebel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:39 am

archigrafix wrote:Am I missing something biebel? I see no place where I can get direct light source (sun) + ibl blend..? We can mix sun+standart AO but not IBL no?
Oh yes you can :)

First load an image in the 'Skybox', then set the light type to ambient occlusion and choose 'IBL blend' together with a blend factor (0.2 to 0.6 seems to work well as values).
After that, set the lighting type to 'direct light sources' and see to it that 'screen with AO' is checked.
Click the 'Tour tool' and off you go.

@Richard:Thanks for the compliment. :) I wish I had a bit more time these days to post renders. Work is quite busy. I'll be posting some LightUp output as soon as things calm down a little.

@Sepo,: Congratulations with your render being showcased on the LightUP homepage. well done mate !

sepo

Post by sepo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

Cheers Chris...there are actually 2 of mine ...interior and my current housing project. I really look forward to see your eye candy. I know you are very busy with work at moment. :)

Zante

Post by Zante » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 pm

We need project files to see how this stuff works. I can never get that kind of quality in lightup. : ]

sepo

Post by sepo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:06 pm

I was planning to do tutorial sometimes this summer (I need to find time and it is not easy) to show my workflow. It will mainly depend on the work commitment in hand. So I would say keep trying if you can't wait for me ;) As far as the files in this tread I am afraid I can not share them as these are real projects.

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 am

Looking forward to the tutorial sepo.

One thing to note is that v1.6 adds a simple Export/Import of Preferences, so you can share a simple text file that has your settings in it. Of course this doesn't address the quality of texture you use, the settings per material you have set, but it does aid sharing the general settings.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

Zante

Post by Zante » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 am

AdamB wrote:Looking forward to the tutorial sepo.

One thing to note is that v1.6 adds a simple Export/Import of Preferences, so you can share a simple text file that has your settings in it. Of course this doesn't address the quality of texture you use, the settings per material you have set, but it does aid sharing the general settings.

Adam
That sounds great. : p