Page 1 of 1

Player 2.0 whishes

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm
by eyal
Hi Adam

- could you make a V box in the Player Box that will let us selectively export to the luca file
only the scenes that are marked "include in animation" in the scene manager?

- could you add Unicode support to the scenes names in the player?
my Hebrew scene names are all Jibrish in the Player. i'm sure Arab, Russian and Japanese users will love Unicode too :-)
not all our clients read English, and these scene names are for them, eventually.

- the automatic help screen is a must, but also takes up about 1/6 of the initial window size.
i prefer a small noticeable "Press F1 for Help" in the upper-left corner, and F1 to activate that screen.
i know i can replace the help screen with my own graphics, but it only anables me to cancel this screen
or give my client a smaller version. not like the "press F1" option which i think is better.
(naturally a V box like the "Autoplay" to turn Help on/off is also good :-)

Re: Player 2.0 whishes

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm
by AdamB
eyal wrote:- could you make a V box in the Player Box that will let us selectively export to the luca file
only the scenes that are marked "include in animation" in the scene manager?
Just so we're clear, LightUp exports all Scenes, but will only Play Animation those that have not been excluded.
What you want is to also be able to only export Scenes that are in the Animation. Correct?
eyal wrote:- could you add Unicode support to the scenes names in the player?
my Hebrew scene names are all Jibrish in the Player. i'm sure Arab, Russian and Japanese users will love Unicode too
not all our clients read English, and these scene names are for them, eventually.
You might assume that the lack of different font encodings in software generally is just down to English-bias on the part of pesky programmers. The reality is that in the general case, having support for different font pages / font encodings is a massive amount of work. It is not uncommon in projects to have a small team whose sole job is to look after font / character encodings because the OS doesn't offer any help in this area when working with 3D graphics.

So, definitely something I'd love to support but we have to weigh this against other features / bug fixes that may have a bigger impact.

Adam

Re: Player 2.0 whishes

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm
by eyal
welcome back :-)
AdamB wrote: Just so we're clear, LightUp exports all Scenes, but will only Play Animation those that have not been excluded.
What you want is to also be able to only export Scenes that are in the Animation. Correct?
yes. is it possible? it will save a lot of cleaning for presentation.

as for the font encoding - i did think the OS got it all ready for you. any way to tweak this? will choosing a font per luca file help?
or changing the scene names in SU to Unicode texts made of "/U+xxx" characters?