Emitter face settings

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
ender

Emitter face settings

Post by ender » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Is there anyway to select multiple faces of an emitter object and change the settings for all of them at once? It's quite a pain if I have a complex object and i have to go in and individually change the output settings of 40 different little faces on a curve.

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: Emitter face settings

Post by AdamB » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:16 pm

Short answer: No.. However, its a known issue and one that will be addressed in the future.

However, one workaround you might consider is rather than have lots of tiny area emitters (eg look at the SU street light), you could just set those tiny 'area emitters' to a material called "XXX_lightup(fullbright)" so they get drawn brightly (so look like emitters) and then add a few faces in front of them (often 1 rectangle will do) that is opacity=0 and a material called "YYY_light(emitter)".

LightUp will happily have opacity=0 emitters which is a little bizarre in a physical sense, but often very useful.

This is likely to be marginally faster to light, too.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

ender

Post by ender » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks, that should work most of the time, but I'm glad to hear you're working on it.

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Latest internal builds now support changing lighting values on multiple faces / PointLightSource simultaneously.
Additionally, you can add or remove lights from highlighted selection with shift key inside Querytool.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk