tourtool and player

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
petitfilou

tourtool and player

Post by petitfilou » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi,

I just noticed that when i open a file in the player, there's no post fx like bloom, fresnel, etc.

And recently, in tourtool, I cant see reflections on chrome taps for example. But they appear when file is opened in player.

any idea? thanks

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: tourtool and player

Post by AdamB » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Sounds like a old version of the Player which didn't support post-effects.

Grab the latest version (build 3241) from the website http://www.light-up.co.uk/player
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

petitfilou

Post by petitfilou » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

thanks for the reply adam, I ll try again later to re install the player. Im sure I had latest one installed after lightup v1.10a though, weird.

Another issue I had was that in tourtool mode, before I could see fx like reflections, etc. but since 1.10a , it doesnt seem to show up.

thanks for a brilliant tool though, and enjoying it very much.

Richard

dweidner

Post by dweidner » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:54 pm

This seems like the proper thread...

I just downloaded the trial of LightUp 3.0 and the Player as well. Very cool, btw. After using some basic material editing and simple lighting, I was very impressed with the TourTool's results. The next step was to export the file into a *.luma file and try to get it to work on Player, but once I did, I noticed that none of my reflections were showing up...

The glass in question was made from basic SketchUp planes (non-curved), with same transparent material on both sides. Edited via the LightUp Materials pallet to have Specular = 0.1

Any thoughts? I'm using Windows, SketchUp v13, LightUp 3, and whichever version of the player your website links to.

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:51 am

Do check you're running the latest version of Player (I saw you downloaded the Player). Current Player build version is 6757 which can confirm by launching the lightupplayer.exe directly (ie not double-clicking on a .luca file).

Are there no reflections, or they are less noticeable?
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

dweidner

Post by dweidner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Ok, so I tried making another very simple model and all seems to be well. I was trying to use LightUp on a model already in progress, and my guess is that I hadn't managed my materials as closely as they would need to be if I were to use LightUp from the get-go.

Thanks, though :D