VR support in player

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
extropy

VR support in player

Post by extropy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Adam

lightup player is great - can you add a display mode with two side-by side cameras to enable use on smartphone VR implementations?

Smartphone VR a la google cardboard can be pretty good - take a look at the reviews for the Freefly headset for example.

And with Oculus Rift and HTC Vive coming late this year / early next, readiness for those platforms would be an obvious next step.

Ive been lucky enough to try both and I can tell you the HTC Vive rocks - amazing!

peerman

Re: VR support in player

Post by peerman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:10 am

This would be great. The ability to export to html so you can upload it to your webpageserver.
iMac i7 3,4GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.11.2, Sketchup 2016 Pro, LightUp 4.6, V-Ray 2.0, Skatter

gsharp1953

Post by gsharp1953 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:51 am

Another vote for VR support - increasingly common presentation format [eg sketchfab]

griffith

Post by griffith » Thu May 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Also requesting an option for VR Support please.

I will make an other Thread explaining my thoughts but for first instance VR Support for mobile devices Samsung Gear VR.

EDIT*

I decided not to make another thread instead I will try to explain what am I aiming to with VR Tech.

Samsung Galaxy S7 equiped with a Snapdragon 820/GPU Adreno530...

Look at that performance

Samsung already have Samsung GearVR, it's already out ...with lightup featuring VR Support can you imagine the impact that this tech have on the clients?

HTC Vibe is out there as well as Oculus but it's still too early and too expensive.

Things I love about Lightup is the low profile tech it uses but with a high Quality end product. Being a little of topic I used to do my presentations by bringing to my clients a huge ass laptop an Asus G74SX using Sketchup + Twinmotion/Lumion/LumenRT now I can do the same with my cellphone and an HDMI cable.

Please Adam can you work out a VR Support either for Mobile or desktop?

Thank you.

timh

Post by timh » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:59 am

Another vote here.

Currently you can export the model via the 'export lighting' tab as .fbx and import into sketchfab (though I've only managed to make this work with 'lighting only' ticked - otherwise all faces seem to be bright white for some reason (though I'm still playing with this to get it to work). 'Lighting only' means no textures are exported which is not useful.

NOTE - model must be in mm - the exported '.fbx' model ignores the sketchup units.

Tim