Adding a color Pallet to Material Properties page

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
jason.lenhart

Adding a color Pallet to Material Properties page

Post by jason.lenhart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

I would love to see a color pallet to be added to the Material Properties page, I know you can make it what ever color you want with the paint bucket but it would be nice if instead of changing the color of my material to emit blue so I get a blue light or trying to get the right kelvin temp (it is useful for white lights) if there was a color pallet just for the emitted color.

I have been trying to get LED lighting fixtures made so I can add theatrical lighting to my projects and having to jump in and out of my saved 3D model takes a good chunk of time if your adding 10+ lights of different colors.

Thanks Jason,

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: Adding a color Pallet to Material Properties page

Post by AdamB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Lights take their color from the applied SU Material. With the LightUp color picker you can also type in R,G,B (0-1) values to get an exact repeatable setting.

However, you can also just edit the light properties and directly enter the Kelvin temperature if that is more convenient.

Also, what may help your workflow is using right-click on a PointLight and choosing "Select Similar Lights" to add other PointLights to the selection for (Multi-Light) editing.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk