Cubic Higher Resolution

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
christopherb2k

Cubic Higher Resolution

Post by christopherb2k » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi Adam,

I have been sent this link in my email.. I want your opinion in terms of whether this is a direction lightup may go...since the market seems to be heading this way too. http://www.ivisit3d.com/
I love the fact that lightup is capable of producing 3d cubic panoramas and since many people have tablet computers it seems to be a natural progression if they don't want large video files stored or if there is unlikely going to be a "light-up" app (we can dream).

SO since you already offer the functionality of the cubic settings, please could you include an option to define the size of the cubic file produced. i.e high def etc... Using pano2vr for example... seems to produce a very poor unusable panoramic as the images produced are so small, increasing the output file is not benefit since the input source is small. This would mean users don't have to always use the player if they are only looking at a single room. The player is preferable if you need to move around a lot and into different areas/rooms.

I realise this topic has been covered slightly in the forum but there appeared to be some reluctance a few years ago to add this functionality as there was not as much demand, however I think the demand is now quite high and would be enjoyed my many others than myself. I have to say the link above looks no better quality than Light-up, hence I think this is a really viable development, but I could be wrong, I don't know the work involved.

Thank you in advance,

Excellent service and software as always!

Chris

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: Cubic Higher Resolution

Post by AdamB » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:49 pm

You can choose the resolution of cubic panoramas using menu Tools->LightUp->Save Cubemap Resolution...
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk