Idiots Guide to LightUp Preferences Panel

Features you'd like to see in future versions, gripes, ideas..
danielrichards1970

Idiots Guide to LightUp Preferences Panel

Post by danielrichards1970 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 am

Hi -

If it hasn't already been done, can we PLEASE have an idiots guide to the preferences panel, with particular stress on the combine with AO options?

Many thanks, Daniel

gsharp1953

Re: Idiots Guide to LightUp Preferences Panel

Post by gsharp1953 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:54 am

HOw about an Idiots guide to everything about Lightup, all menus, dialogue boxes, obscure commands , The documentation for this software is appalling...

and while I am on it so is the Website, employ a professional to sort it out... its obscure, inconsistent, frustrating...

For example, I just got a new notebook, I want to roll over my LU to the new machine... a fairly common task for us users..

So logon to the website. , me thinks ok go to downloads, ahh but what does it say? get a DEMO Ok login to purhase .. how about saying upgrade, version patches,, existing users whatever.

So now I login in!then it comes up with a whole page , telling me login is ok and click here again to continue [continue where?]

Then it comes to a page just like the homepage, not the download page, not the buy page....

so then you click downloads again

so now your on another download page, [me thinks, Why did I just co through all that ] ok so now enter my existing registration key [because all I want to do is reinstall my licensed copy [NOT BUY].

OK , enter my registration key,, and download starts --- and what does it dowwnload, the original install, not the patched upgrade version...
Ok so where are the patches? 3.2b , 3.2c. 3.2d

WTF .

Life is to precious to be mucking [f] around with this

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: Idiots Guide to LightUp Preferences Panel

Post by AdamB » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi
gsharp1953 wrote:HOw about an Idiots guide to everything about Lightup, all menus, dialogue boxes, obscure commands , The documentation for this software is appalling...
Thanks for the feedback. Most users appear to prefer video tutorials to documents to read. Have you looked at the video tutorials?
Was there something specific that was causing you problems?

As to getting updates, if you want to get the latest Installer for your purchase, you need to login, got Downloads and at the bottom of the page enter your Retail RegKey.

Run the installer and launch SketchUp.

Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk