Retail license expired

Anything you want to share!
danielrichards1970

Re: Retail license expired

Post by danielrichards1970 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi -

I have followed your instructions - entered my reg key and downloaded Light-Up again, and installed the application. I still get the same result - when I start Sketchup I'm prompted to enter my Light-Up reg code. After I enter the code (the original code I received upon purchase), I get a "LightUp: License has expired" message.

Please help - I have a deadline approaching and a lot of model views to render with Light-Up!

Specs - Macbook Pro running 10.8.4

Many thanks, Daniel.

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi,

This means there is a mismatched between your installed version and the RegKey you're entering.

Let's take this onto the LightUp help email to resolve using your RegKey.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

Almte

Post by Almte » Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 pm

AdamB wrote:Hi,

LightUp Licenses purchased before January 1, 2013 are perpetual for the major version you purchased. ie v1.x, v2.x There is an upgrade cost for major releases.

LightUp licenses purchased on or after January 1, 2013 are the new annual license with all upgrades free during your license period.

Adam
Hi Adam,
If i purchase just now the Earlybird annual license, US$ 169,00, how much will it cost my renewall next year? Thanks

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 am

Renewals within 90 days of expiry have a 50% discount so it will be $90 USD

otb designworks

Post by otb designworks » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Quick question:

I originally purchased Lightup v1 on Jan, 11, 2011

I upgraded from 3 to 4 on July 16, 2014.

I just received a pop-up warning that my version was about to expire. I had thought that I understood that early adopters would be charged an upgrade price for each new major version release, but that the license would not be a yearly subscription license but, rather, a license for perpetuity. (completely understandable and I gladly paid for upgrades from 1, to 2, to 3, to 4.

But, the pop-up seems to indicate that once I upgraded to 4 my license turned into a yearly subscription and I lost the perpetuity that I had with 3.

Is this correct? If so, that is discouraging. I abhor the subscription business model and I, quite honestly, would not have upgraded from 3 to 4 if it had been clear to me that I was now entering into a subscription arrangement.

Any insight would be appreciated, and thanks

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 pm

No, you're on a perpetual license because you originally purchased before we started Annual licenses.

Just login, go to Downloads, click on "Buy or Upgrade" and choose "Maintainance build of.." to get a new installer AND a new RegKey.

Adam

otb designworks

Post by otb designworks » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks Adam, great news! Much appreciated and loving the new lightup