Unity import script

Anything you want to share!
Colin

Re: Unity import script

Post by Colin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Just a follow up for anyone following along, it looks like one of the models in the scene was bad in some way. In fact, there were two copies of that model, one hidden, and both had to be deleted to fix the scene. I guess that all other models after that point in the FBX file were the ones that ended up being in the wrong place. Models before that one were in the right place.

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 am

Although the earlier location errors were fixed by deleting a couple of models in the scene, I now see both scale and location errors. I've made a much simpler scene to show errors in both location and scale, and sent the model to Adam. The same scene exports to FBX from SketchUp ok, it's just from LightUp that it fails.

Cheetah also shows the errors the same as Unity, so I think it's a LightUp export issue, not a Unity or Cheetah import one.

joshkho

Post by joshkho » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 am

I've been having the same problem. It was exporting to Unity fine before.
Could it be something that was changed in v.1.6a? I think I may have upgraded somewhere between then and now.
The way the objects are positioned in Unity, it seems like it has something to do with groups, scaling, and rotating.

I have a small object that I began drawing very large. after I finished modelling it, I made it a group, scaled it down rotated it and moved it into position.
In Unity, it's about as large as when I had first grouped it. I think it may remember attributes about the object when it was made into a group, and forgets rotating and scaling afterwards.

joshkho

Post by joshkho » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 pm

any progress on this issue?

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 am

Indirectly, in that LightUp v1.7 is much better at collapsing Group hierarchies which makes lighting faster as well as a more efficient FBX file.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

raumplan

Post by raumplan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Adam, and all guys of this forum...
First of all, many compliments for your fantastic soft! It change my way to use sketchup. Really thank you.

Unfortunately I have the same problems of Joshinko and Colin.
Now I have to do an architectural visualization in Unity and the Lightup export go wrong :(
texture and part of the model disappear or shift from their original place.

Please Adam, I have an expiry time for this visualization and I can't find a solution...

help me

(sorry, sorry, sorry for my bad english).

joshkho

Post by joshkho » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 am

I've found that reverting back to lightup v1.5b fixes the unity import problems.

raumplan

Post by raumplan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 am

Thank you Joshkho! Now i try...

I hope that this is fixed on 1.7 ;)

raumplan

Post by raumplan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:20 am

1.5 installer denies the possibility to revert to the previous version!

I've cancelled all lightup 1.6 files from library/application support/google sketchup 7/sketchup/tools
but the installer said that an earlier version of the software is installed on the disk...
:? ever more difficult!

joshkho

Post by joshkho » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm

are you using mac or windows?
If you're using windows, you should uninstall by going to control panel, then install/uninstall programs.
not sure how you'd do the equivalent on mac.